Many of the readers of this list are familiar with the IPGATE application developed by Perry Ruiter and Holger Woller that allows APPC resources to be shared across z/VM systems without the need of SNA. IPGATE uses TCP/IP as the communications channel so there is no need for VTAM, SNA, etc.

I've added an encryption capability to IPGATE so that the data flowing across the TCP/IP network is shielded from nosy folks....drop me a note off-list if you're interested. And many thanks to Perry and Holger for helping me understanding the code well enough to add this feature in.
--
DJ
V/Soft