> How would I go about doing that? Sorry but I'm a VM novice in these
> matters - the only way I can think of would be to logon to Operator
> each night (12:01am) and do a sp cons close.

That *would* do the trick.. ;-)

You set up VMUTIL to run the WAKEUP program, with an
event file with a line like this:
ALL      00:00:30 06/28/07 CP SEND CP VMBATCH SPOOL CON CLOSE
ALL      00:00:30 06/28/07 CP SEND CP VMBATCH SPOOL 00E CLOSE
(Just a pair I saw in mine, similar to what you asked).

The actual driver program running in my VMUTIL
is something I wrote back in... 1987! (sheesh, I had no idea!)
which replaced what IBM had supplied as part of
hmmm.. was it called CMS/IPF?

It includes, on the advice *then* of IBM, an event
just BEFORE midnight which would cause VMUTIL
to CP SLEEP until AFTER midnight. I no longer remember
what evil things were threatened to one who didn't do that.

Shimon

**
Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308
**