Add the TRUNC option; NOTRUNC is the default.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Stracka, James (GTI)
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:08 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Trouble with COPYFILE to shorten Record

I am trying to copy a file with the LRECL option to shorten it.

e.g.

Filename Filetype Fm Format Lrecl    Records
TXJIM    FILELIST A0 V        169       4920

COPYFILE TXJIM FILELIST A SORTER FILELIST A (LRECL 13

I expected the result to be a file with LRECL 13 but it is:

Filename Filetype Fm Format Lrecl
SORTER   FILELIST A0 V        169

I need to do this soon.  The file is too big to use XEDIT in a 2G
machine.

Anybody have a PIPE to do this.

Note:  The real file is hexadecimal data, not text.

Jim

________________________________

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically
indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any
investment products or other financial product or service, an official
confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill
Lynch. Subject to applicable law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and
retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems. The
laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of
EC, and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other
than the country in which you are located. This message cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject to terms
available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill
Lynch you consent to the foregoing.