From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:29 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: PIPEDDR

For some reason, IBM doesn't want to make TERSE available to VM
customers.  You used to be able to order a package on IBMLINK called
QSEN=
that was supposed to be used to pack VM dumps before sending them to the
=

support center, (back in the days when that was a frequent event :-)> ).
=

QSEND is basically TERSE shipped as QSEND MODULE instead of TERSE
MODULE.=

I say it is/was basically the same as TERSE, except that the DETERSE
MODULE for VM could not DETERSE a file created with QSEND, (IBM wanted
it=

to be a one way thing).  I found out that the output created by QSEND
was=

different from TERSE by only one byte!  (The first byte.)  I figured out
=

how to ZAP DETERSE so that it would work with QSEND files as well as
TERSEd files.  I don't know if you can still order QSEND for VM on
IBMLIN=
or not, (it is not a PTF, you had to order it as a package called
QSEND).=

Dale R. Smith
Persona Non Grata