Well, it just so happenend, not sure how, that my VM session went from
"running" to "vm read" and then the ftp server timed out.  I don't know
if I hit enter or what?  Anyway, I just logged off.  Will check the ftp
server software for transmission speed or whatever...  it was freeware I
downloaded...  may hav to try a different one.  No big deal I guess.  I
can always start over.. :)

Anne D. Crabtree
System Programmer
WV Dept of Administration - OT
304-558-5914 ext 8885
Fax 304-558-1351
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/24/07 4:55 PM >>>
On Tuesday, 07/24/2007 at 04:07 EDT, Ray Mansell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hmmm... I can't help, though I suspect a simple HX would do the trick.
> However, you might want to do some investigation, since I also did an
> FTP install last week, and it took less than an hour.
>
> Or, just leave it running overnight. Is there any reason you can't do
that?

I think you were right to suggest something is wrong.  No way it should
take that long.  Oversimplifying, at 10 disks every 3 hours it would
take
84 hours to download 280 disks.