What a total load of BS!  Not the drawing and quartering part, the so-called
article content.  Ignorance is bliss they say!  Didn't they try this "get
off the mainframe" thing about 20 years ago and failed at it?

"Shiveley: The mainframe is a legacy architecture. It's been around a long
time, and it does some things well. But it has been held hostage by the
limited support and limited innovation that takes place in the mainframe
environment."

BWAH HA HAW!!  Did this guy just wake up or what? Even with the Internet he
could have done better research to get his "facts" straight!  If we have
"limited support and limited innovation" I sure would like to see how it
could be better!  Maybe if IBM brought me my coffee... yeah, that would do
it.

So the z9 and the next generation are "limited innovation" huh?  So saving
literally a boat (a very large, plush, ocean type boat) load of money
because we are moving TO the mainframe with Linux on VM, we are so "legacy",
yes?  Kewl!  Call me Mr Legacy then.  And make sure you use the Mister part
because you know how us old legacy SysProgs are!

Sheez!  Not that the article got me P.O.'d or anything...

Jim "Mr Legacy" Vincent