Hi Alan,

Is there any chance IBM could possibly come out with an "official"
announcement or publication indicating their $250M savings by
consolidating to zSeries Linux?  That might be a good marketing tool.
Sometimes we need to "convince" the uppers that this is a good way to go
(I'm still trying to do that here!)   Every bit of fuel we can get
helps!!!

Thank You.
Paul Adrian.

Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/01/2007 10:04 AM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: FW: IBM saves $250 million consolidating Linux servers on to
mainframes | NetworkWorld.com Community

On Wednesday, 08/01/2007 at 09:36 EDT, Ray Mansell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Dave Jones wrote:
> > And I suspect that these Linux servers will be hosted on z/VM......
> This was just circulated internally, too, and I was extremely annoyed
> that z/VM wasn't mentioned (although I note that LPAR was touted as
> being IBM's "premier virtualisation product" - not that I have anything
> particularly against LPAR, but really...).
>
> I'm trying to find out more.

These will be deployed on z/VM.  The architects of this endeavor are
working closely with the lab to ensure that the project is a success.
(Just as our customers do!)