If your second level VM is down, I'd just back them up from the first level system with the first level DDR. Attach the volumes to someone and use DDR.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

i am preparing to install RSU tapes on a second level VM system.
this is our 'as shipped'  zVM 4.4 system.
i am attempting to make a backup before i start installing service
but when i create a DDRXA tape and ipl it, then attempt to backup
440RES, 440W01, and 440W02 i get an error: HCPDDR704E DEVICE 0210 NOT OPERATIONAL

a #CP Q DASD shows 0210 as CP OWNED
can I back up these volumes on a running system?
or do i have to backup them up at first level?

prg

Phillip Gramly
Systems Programmer
Communications Data Group
Champaign, IL

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2008 - Chattanooga - April 18-22, 2008