In the last month, there has been several threads on SSL servers.  I lightly
read them, but didn't think it was something of interest, here, in the near
term.

Well, things change.  Time to get ahead of the curve.

We might be headed towards TN3270 sessions with SSL.

I searched on SSL on the z/VM 5.2 manuals.  Except for the TCP/IP Installation
and Customization, not much in the overview to go on.

On the 390 side, our logical network path is:

client

  OSA

  z/VM

 v/Switch

 TCPIP (guest machine)
 TN3270
  Dial VTAM (VM/VTAM) Get USSTAB menu

 VCTCA

  VSE

 VCTCA

 VSE/VTAM

 CICS

1.  Are there two varients to the SSL/Linux world
     a.  z/VM way as documented
     b.  Perhaps a zLinux way where we connect directly into Linux first and
then a clear text session is sent to the 390 side?

I didn't catch if there was multiple methods that were being discussed in the
past threads.

2.  Adam has a Debian server packaged.  Does that play with "a" or "b" above,
or something different?

3.  We might test with the SSL capability with the TCP/IP stack from CSI stack
if all else fails.

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting