On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:24:31 -0400, Pamela Christina in warm & sunny E
ndicott NY
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>This 90-minute LVC will be conducted on Tuesday, August 14 starting at
>10:00 Eastern U.S./4:00 p.m. CET and recorded for subsequent replay.
>The replay will be available 1 week after the live session via a link on

>the z/VM website (http://www.vm.ibm.com/)

Is this really worth getting up at 7 am Pacific time?

>Important:
>Enroll for this session by EOD Monday, August 13 with this URL:
>https://asp22.centra.com:443/Reg/main/000000013c73780113c2f41183002cd1/e
n_US

>There is no tuition to participate in this session, however you must
>enroll at least 1 business day ahead of the session date to enable your
>participation. The LVC will be delivered using the Centra tool that
>employs Voice over IP (VoIP) technology to provide both the audio as
>well as the visuals to your Windows workstation.  Each participant must
>enroll individually, ie. no sharing of LVC logins is supported.
>
>After enrolling in the LVC, you should run a a System Check via the
>following URL to verify your workstation meets the following minimum
>requirements.
>System Check: https://stg.centra.com/SysCheck/main/Customers/ibmstg
>      Windows 2000 or Windows XP
>      Internet Explorer 5.01, Netscape 7.2, Firefox 1.0 or later.
>      28.8 kbps or faster Internet connection
>      P350+ MHz, 128+ MB memory
>      800x600 16-bit color display or better
>      sound card and speakers (to hear the audio portion of the LVC)
>      microphone (required if you want to ask a question during the LVC)

What is the "Centra tool"? I don't have a microphone. Will the replay als
o require the Centra tool?

I gather it wants  to install something on my PC, and that it will not wo
rk on my Mac.

Why?

I'm not convinced this is worth all the trouble to install a piece of sof
tware.

Let me know what kind of turnout you get. I think you are setting the bar
 too high.