Alan,

I separated the networks for LCS and hypersockets. This solved the problem and
the QDIO link can now be accessed from another virtual machine (not from
outside the network). Removing
PORTNAME on the QDIO DEVICE statement resulted in a TCP/IP error message and
prevented startup of the link. This may be a TCP/IP release issue: we are still
on TCP/IP 4.3. (For PWD
members it is no longer easy to remain up-to-date since the VM ADCDs were
dropped. Not so for z/OS ...)

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards,

Antoon Vekeman