No, I don't know directly how to make they are not created.  They no longer
bother me as I tailored SFPURGER (running in VMUTIL) to purge them
directly.  But indeed, if you have servers -like VSE- that react to reader
files, they will still see the Dirmaint file...

Maybe a simple bypass: store a SENDFILE EXEC on DIRMAINT's A-disk.  That
SENDFILE EXEC could check the parameters to see if it is such an email-type
thing, or if it is something like a DIRM SEND, DIRM REVV or DIRM GET.  Your
exec could EXECLOAD the SENDFILE EXEC S as e.g. SFILE EXEC, and your own
little SENDFILE EXEC would issue 'EXEC SFILE' arg(1) if it want the file
being sent.  Maybe even better: don't store a SENDFILE EXEC on DIRMAINT's
disk, but a MYSEND EXEC; the PROFILE EXEC of DIRMAINT should then EXECLOAD
MYSEND EXEC as SENDFILE EXEC.  This way only DIRMAINT will find your MYSEND
as SENDFILE, and not someone linking to DIRMAINT's disks.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support