Thanks Brian

LDSF is a new name for LDEV....I guess it's an upgrade <G>.

And we do have maxldev set to 4096 and we are no where near that many, I think.

Doing a query ldev l001-lfff shows we are well under the 4096 mark.
But kind of interesting reading the output.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Brian Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/24/2007 11:26 AM >>>
LDSF is Logical Device Support Facility.

The default maximum number of logical devices for the system 4096.  Use
SET MAXLDEV to change it.  See "CP Programming Services" for more
information (Appendix E is a good place to start).

Brian NIelsen

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:01:09 -0500, Tom Duerbusch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yesterday, we started getting the following error messages from the TCPIP
stack:

>11:12:25 DTCSTM259E CONN 237: LDSFINITIATE RETURNED TRYING TO USE LDSF
FOR TOO MANY DEVICES.
>11:12:25 DTCSTM163I TELNET SERVER: CONN 238:CONNECTION OPENED 08/23/07 AT
11:12:25
>11:12:25 DTCPRC150I    FOREIGN INTERNET ADDRESS AND PORT:  NET ADDRESS =
205.235.239.50, PORT=

1163

>The first error message "DTCSTM258E", when looked up, doesn't give much
of a reason.

>Is there a limit on LDSF devices?
>What is an LDSF device?
>Is this the same as the LDEV devices?
>
>We use the SCEXIT to do a "dial vtam" to a bunch of VTAM NON-SNA
controller defines.  This allows us access to the SNA network.