A "Logoff/Force Pending" state means that something unexpected happened. For years whenever a new cause was discovered IBM has added a test for that condition and does something about it. That is why they have gotten fewer and fewer. Apparently you found another unexpected condition. So call IBM and send them the info to find and fix it. Maybe it is the last one and no one will ever have a hung user again. :)

Hooker, Don wrote:
It's been *so* long since I've seen users stuck in "Logoff/Force
Pending" state for any length of time that I thought it had been fixed.
We have a z/VSE guest stuck in that state since Sunday.

Anybody else seen this on current levels of z/VM?

Many years ago when it was a more frequent problem, I wrote an assembler
program that massaged some bits in the (then) VMBLOCK to free it up.  I
did not take some things into account at the time, so sometimes it
worked, but then othertimes... <expletive deleted>

Does anybody have any current tricks to free up a user in this state
(short of VM IPL).

--
Stephen Frazier
Information Technology Unit