Jim, I have always had good luck using IBM's Personal Communications TN3270 (PCOMM) emulator. The current version is, I believe, 5.8, at least for Windows XP

James M wrote:
I may have the issue resolved.
I reinstalled the os (win2k) & emulator (hummingbird).
I can now connect to the icc port. But I didn't get all the way in
because the LU is in use.
When I go back to the mainframe location tomorrow I will know for sure.

It's very troubling not knowing what broke especially considering it's
our mainframe console.
I'm now wondering if there are certain emulators that are better than
others. Does IBM support/recommend certain emulators?
Here I am blaming the emulator - maybe I should be considering a linux
based icc console.

Getting back to the pcap file - it looks like there was about 10
seconds elapsed from act to fin. If you really want I can send the
pcap file. If so let me know where to send it.
Thanks for the help.
-Jim