I have used SSLSERV to transparently protect HTTP, FTP and POP servers. T
he
applications in each of those servers know nothing about the protection t
hat
surrounds them. All were using the same certificate as the TN3270 service
. I
think I could have generated separate certificate requests and certificat
es
for each service if my bosses had wanted to pay for them. In the TCPIP
PROFILE, I just added the 'SECURE certname' to each port definition in th
same manner as adding to INTCLIENT for TN3270 support. A query from an
OpenSSL command on a linux/x86 system to each of the protected ports retu
rns
the same certificate.

/Tom Kern
/U.S. Department of Energy