From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mrohs, Ray
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:29 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CA VMBACKUP

In the past, we have used HiDRO to do full volume backups of EVERYthing,
including page, temp, spool, and logged off Linux images. Then for DR
simply restore the entire system and avoid the separate format and
allocation steps otherwise required. If VM spool files are critical then
use VMSPOOL to back up that area separately, in case anything gets lost
during FORCE IPL processing. There may be good reasons for not doing it
this way, but it worked well for us.

Ray Mrohs
U.S. Department of Justice
202-307-6896