You need to update the SYSTEM CONFIG to use the new 520XXX volser for your sysres definitions (WARMSTART, CHECKPOINT, etc).

Then you have to update the directory on that volume to have all the new volsers for your new volumes. If you do not have DIRMAINT active on that system, you can edit the USER DIRECT file to change volsers and the address in the control definition at the top. I forget what the actual control statement is that points to the volume address and volser where the directory will be written. You will get a return code = 5 if it works, that means the directory was written but not brought online because that device address and volser do not match the current running directory.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

Alyce Austin wrote:
HELLO,

I HAVE DDR COPIED AND RELABELED ALL OF MY Z/VM 5.2 SYSTEM
DISKS TO NEW VOLUMES AND NEW ADDRESSES. I ALSO COPIED THE 520RES
VOLUME TO A NEW ADDRESS AND RELABELED IT AS 520XXX TO MAKE IT UNIQUE.

I PLAN TO IPL MY 520XXX VOLUME SECOND LEVEL POINTING
TO MY NEW SYSTEMX CONFIG FILE WHICH POINTS TO THE NEW VOLUMES.

I ASSUME I CAN IPL SECOND LEVEL WITH MY NEW NAME 520XXX;
OR, DOES IT EXPECT TO SEE 520RES AS THE IPL VOLUME NAME?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,
ALYCE