I'm trying to get RSCS TCPNJE links established between a 1st level z/VM
5.2 RSCS node and a 2nd level z/VM 5.2 RSCS node.

I know the TCPIP communication between the systems is working, as I can
FTP between the systems.  However, when I start the RSCS TCPNJE links I
get:

On 1st level:

DMTCMY700I Activating link ZVM53 TCPNJE line=0000 class=*
queueing=priority
DMTTNE181I Link ZVM53 ready for session initiation

DMTTNE190I Socket error on link ZVM53 (Connection refused) -- retrying

DMTTNE182I Link ZVM53 session established

DMTNCR905I Signon of link ZVM53 complete, buffer size=4096

DMTTNE570I Link ZVM53 now set to deactivate

DMTTNE183I Link ZVM53 session terminated

DMTMAN002I Link ZVM53 deactivated

And on 2nd level:

DMTCMY700I Activating link ZVMRSCS TCPNJE line=0000 class=*
queueing=priority
DMTTNE181I Link ZVMRSCS ready for session initiation

DMTTNE182I Link ZVMRSCS session established

DMTNCR905I Signon of link ZVMRSCS complete, buffer size=4096

DMTTNE951I Sign-off record received -- link ZVMRSCS being deactivated

DMTTNE183I Link ZVMRSCS session terminated

DMTMAN002I Link ZVMRSCS deactivated

DMTCMY700I Activating link ZVMRSCS TCPNJE line=0000 class=*
queueing=priority
DMTTNE181I Link ZVMRSCS ready for session initiation

DMTTNE190I Socket error on link ZVMRSCS (Connection refused) -- retrying

DMTTNE190I Socket error on link ZVMRSCS (Connection timed out) --
retrying

This is the 1st time I've tried setting up TCPNJE links.  What am I
doing wrong?  This is how I defined the links:

On 2nd level:

LINKDEFINE ZVMRSCS TYPE TCPNJE AST NODE DIS3081
PARM ZVMRSCS  ITO=0 HOST=172.30.8.11 LCLPORT=731 RMTPORT=731

(It ignores the NODE specification BTW).  I tried it without the LCLPORT
and RMTPORT at first and had problems, so thought it might be because
there was no PORT definition in TCPIP PROFILE for port 175 and figured I
might be able to "borrow" one of the port definitions for FTP.

On 1st level, I defined it by command:

sm rscs DEFINE ZVM53 TYPE TCPNJE AST PARM ITO=0 HOST=172.30.8.69
LCLPORT=731 RMTPORT=731

So, what am I missing?

TIA