Just a guess, but will this COBOL program run above 16M?  There were problems
with old programs that had to be recompiled to run above 16M awhile back.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jose
Raul Baron
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:59 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Virtual Storage Capacity Exceeded - PJBR

Hi list,

We have a problem running an OLTP application.
The scenario is a z/VM 4.4 user running a VAG Cobol application against a
DB2/VM database.
At a certain point, when trying to load the third map inside the same
application (maps 1 + 2 have already been loaded) we find the following
error:

DMSSMN109S Virtual storage capacity exceeded

CEE0374C CONDITION = CEE3250C TOKEN = 00040CB2 61C3C5C5 00000000

         WHILE RUNNING PROGRAM UNKNOWN

         AT THE TIME OF INTERRUPT

         PSW     00000000 00000000

         GPR 0-3 04000000 0480A000 0000080A 00000000

         GPR 4-7 00F127EC 80F2BDE0 00CF6C98 80CF4B30

         GPR 8-B 00D0D068 00CF6C9C 00F34D08 00EE3010

         GPR C-F 00F2BC28 00D00500 80F2C194 00000000

         FLT 0-2 441C200000000000  4E000000039DE21D

         FLT 4-6 4E00000000025E7A  0000000001839560

DMSABE148T System abend 80A called from 008274DE

CMS

If I query for virtual storage this is what I get:

q v stor

STORAGE = 64M

Ready;

We have tried to increase the virtual storage for this user up to 512M but the
result made no change.

The last instructions it executes successfully are:

EZERESRC-SCHED      1153* /* ***** Proceso repetitivo principal ******
EZERESRC-SCHED      1154* MOVE 'SI' TO ERROR;
EZERESRC-SCHED      1155* MOVE 'NO' TO GRABAR;
EZERESRC-SCHED      1156* WHILE ERROR EQ 'SI'
EZERESRC-SCHED      1157*   OR GRABAR EQ 'NO';
EZERESRC-SCHED      1158*   SXHCPMAPI();                   /* Converse mapa
SXHCPMAPI           0850* MOVE X000W01 TO SXHCM0I;         /* datos a mapa
SXHCPMAPI           0851* MOVE SXHCM00  TO SXHCM0I;
SXHCPMAPI           0852* MOVE EZETIM TO SXHCM0I.HORA;     /* hora
SXHCPMAPI           0853* /*
SXHCPMAPI           0854* /*
SXHCPMAPI           0855*

The last line (0855) should be a map converse but it is THEN when it crashes.

This is the VAGEN COBOL source code for line 0855:

000855*
           MOVE SPACES TO TRACE-STRING OF EZERTS-STMTTR-REQUEST-BLOCK
           MOVE
           "000855* "
           TO TRACE-STRING OF EZERTS-STMTTR-REQUEST-BLOCK(1:8)
           PERFORM EZEAPP-STATEMENT-TRACE
           PERFORM EZECONV-EZEP-4

Any ideas are most welcome.
Thanks in advance,

Saludos,
José R. Barón
Dpto. Sistemas
CALCULO S. A.
Tel. 91 330 86 44
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.