Hello List!

This is to announce that as of November 15, VM Service has begun to
maintain a Red Alert Page at http://www.vm.ibm.com/service/redalert/

This service is patterned after the z/OS Red Alert process. This new mean
of service communication is not meant to replace any of the normal servic
processes already in place. This is an attempt to be as proactive as
possible in getting the word out to our customers whenever a service issu
is seen as highly disruptive to a major segment of the z/VM user
community. Though the initial list for Red Alerts have associated APARs,

that may not always be the case. A couple of key points for this form of

new service communication are:

- This page will maintain a cumulative list of any Red Alerts by Release

still in service.
- Note that you may subscribe to this web page in order to get any
notifications when a new alert is issued.
- When a new individual red alert is issued, an entry indicating this
occurrence will be made on the VM listserv also.

The initial list of Red Alerts has been primed with several APARs that

have been seen as having high impact to the VM Community in the last few

months.

Hopefully, this new process will enhance VM's delivery of service. Thank

you.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or 607-429-5338

Keri Borrego
z/VM ESP and CP Level 2