Bobby,

I am on my way out the door soon, but a couple of quick questions.

Are you using the integrated 3270 console for your installation?
Is the tape drive online to that LPAR?
Are the packs online to that LPAR?
On the LOAD panel did you use the Load address of your tape drive?
Did you use a Load parameter of CNSLSCLP or SYSG ?

good luck

Bill Munson
VM System Programmer
Office of Information Technology
State of New Jersey
(609) 984-4065

President MVMUA
http://www.marist.edu/~mvmua

Bauer, Bobby (NIH/CIT) [E] wrote:
Hi list, we just received our z/VM trial tape and are having a bit of a problem IPLing it. We have a z9 BC machine with an IFL. When we IPL the tape we get either a device or controller busy message or a timeout message. We made sure the devices and chpds for the tape was offline to the other systems. There are 4 z/OS lpars running on the machine utilizing the 3 general purpose engines. The tape and dasd are shared. We made sure the tape was OK by running FATAR from the same drive we were trying to IPL from.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bobby Bauer
Center for Information Technology