        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Huegel, Thomas
        Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:19 AM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Performance ? How much page area to allocate?

        IBM publishes a formula for calculating how much page space to
allocate.
        The formula is something like this: (Total amount of logged on user
storage - amount of REAL memory) x 2 = the amount of storage to map to DASD.

        When I do this calculation I come up with a requirement of 10 3390
mod3 for my page space.
        I only have 2 3390 mod3's for page and I don't seem to be having any
problems.

        The question is 'am I missing something'?

        My page rate is < 2/sec.
        The only thing I ever see is occasionally LINUX will slow down for a
second or two.

        Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

        Thanks