Richard,

Good question.  We were getting some maintenance done on a 3490-C22
drive here and the CSR wanted me to enter a DEVSERV P,xxx command for
the device he had just fixed. We quickly determined that the command
didn't exist in z\VM.  The path had been varied off-line prior to the
maintenance starting using CP V OFFLINE PATH command and wouldn't come
online with the CP V ONLINE PATH command now that the work was finished.
At this point, the CSR did some more work and the PATH came on-line.

I have also since downloaded the Z\OS commands manual and reviewed the
DEVSERV command. The command appears to be display only. Dave Jones
posted a response to my query which listed some CP QUERY commands to
produce similar information.

Thanks for your interest in my query.