Phil,

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe it's just that Alan's getting
older, or it's Monday... but it's more likely that Chuckie got his hands
on a large shipment of Adam Thornton's "180 Proof Magic Cough Syrup, Snake
Oil, Intergalactic Gear and Hemorrhoid Lubricant" and has been
force-feeding it to poor Alan.

Happy New Year, indeed!  ;-)

Mike Walter

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
01/14/2008 02:31 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: can't get VSE stack reconnected thru VM

Alan,
one address is 0C06  (charlie)
and one is 0D06 (dog)
where do you see two with the same address?

prg

Phillip Gramly
Systems Programmer
Communications Data Group
Champaign, IL

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on
01/14/2008 01:52:51 PM:

> On Monday, 01/14/2008 at 02:36 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > i shut down all my VSE stacks, then shutdown VM's TCPIP
> > and restarted all the stacks just like we do at system startup.
> > still cannot reach the problem VSE.
> >
> > the COUPLEs are all in place, so what else can be missing?
>
> In a previous post you said:
> > i see this for the problem vse:
> > Device SP9D                 Type: CTC          Status: Ready
> >   Queue size: 0     CPU: 0  Address: 0C06
> >     Link SP9                Type: CTC          Net number: 0
> >       BytesIn: 0            BytesOut: 0
> >       Forwarding: Enabled
> >       Broadcast Capability: Yes
> >       Multicast Capability: Yes
> >       Group            Members
> >       -----            -------
> >       224.0.0.1           1
> >
> > Device SP9DA                Type: CTC          Status: Ready
> >   Queue size: 0     CPU: 0  Address: 0D06
> >     Link SP9A               Type: CTC          Net number: 0
> >       BytesIn: 130196       BytesOut: 0
> >       Forwarding: Enabled
> >       Broadcast Capability: Yes
> >       Multicast Capability: Yes
> >       Group            Members
> >       -----            -------
> >       224.0.0.1           1
>
> I see two devices with the same device address (D06) and both are
showing
> Ready.  I don't understand that.  The output of "ifconfig -a" will be
much
> easier to consume, but we can live with the complete output of "NETSTAT
> DEV HOME GATE" if we must.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages
sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by
applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies
and to protect our business. Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate
with us by email.