>Given a pipe that uses starmsg to trap replies and issues the command
> 'CP SMSG RSCS (ML.RSCHUH STOP V207'
>The reply that comes back is a multi-line response, in order of arrival:
>
>  00000001RSCS RSCS 0154 0001 DEVVM MIKE M1L Link V207
>autostart disabled
>  00000001RSCS RSCS 0001 0002 DEVVM MIKE M1L End of
>command response
>  00000001RSCS RSCS 0002 0001 DEVVM MIKE M1L Link V207
>deactivated
>It seems that there is a reversal in order of the last two lines. Is
>this normal and documented somewhere? V207 is an LPR printer.

Well there are asynchronous tasks running here.  If you are using
starmsg, you should use a unique identifier for each command issued
to RSCS and not rely on that end of command response.  You want to see
all the messages like:

DMTCMY154I Link LPR autostart disabled
DMTLPR570I Link LPR now set to deactivate
DMTLPR183I Link LPR session terminated
DMTMAN002I Link LPR deactivated
DMTAXM109I File queue reordered

Best Regards,