What File type are you using? It might be defaulting because of the file
type. I am issuing the receive with a file type of ICCF.

David Wakser

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Fran Hensler
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 11:26 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: RECEIVE question

That's funny David because I have often wished for exactly the opposite.
When I RECEIVE PRT files from a VSE virtual 3800 they are always RECFM
'F' and 205 bytes even if the longest print line is 10 bytes. If they
were received as 'V' it would save a lot of space.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 44
years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"