Hi,

Has anyone used CA's VM:Operator to send lower case commands to a guest?
Is the uppercase translation being done by the VM SEND command?  I set my
Id as secuser to a TPF guest.  I then issue a SEND command with a lower
case component, but it appears to be translated to uppercase.

I there a way to allow the lower case to be processed?

/* */
'CP SET SECUSER OSC0F1 OSX014'

'SEND OSC0F1 zfile echo test'

'CP SET SECUSER OSC0F1 TPFOPER3'

------

HCPCFX6768I Your SECUSER set to OSX014 by OSX014.
CVAA0001I 14.19.30 S1   09010000  --> ZFILE ECHO TEST
FILE0002I 14.19.30 START OF ERROR DISPLAY FROM ECHO TEST
ECHO: not found
END OF DISPLAY $$$ FILE0002I+

If I use a VM:Operator console, and enter the command, it works OK.  It
only seems to be a problem if you want to send the command from an exec on
another machine.

zfile echo test
Sent from OSX014 : zfile echo test
CVAA0001I 14.36.55 S1   09010000  --> ZFILE ECHO TEST
FILE0001I 14.36.55 START OF DISPLAY FROM echo test
test
END OF DISPLAY $$$ FILE0001I+

Thanks,

Ken Vance
System Programmer/Analyst, Operating System Services - Support Platforms
Software Services
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Erding
Germany
T: +49 (0) 8122 - 43 40 62
F: +49 (0) 8122 - 43 32 60
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IMPORTANT  -  CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE  - This e-mail is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity shown above as addressees . It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure under applicable laws .  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, printing, distribution, copying, disclosure or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or using the address below
and delete the message and any attachments from your system .

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Eberhard Haag
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erding
HR München 48 199