Hello folks;

  Sorry to post this message like this but it is urgent.

  Yesterday at 1500 the management who I work for laid me off, eliminated my
position … whatever it is I’m now out of a job.  They said that there wasn’t
anything left to do on the mainframe being it’s life will end in 6/30/2008.
Some severance pay but not that much.

  Would have been nice if they would have told me this and given me until June
to look around for a new position being how tight things are now on the
mainframe side.

  The mainframe is being elimated on June 30, 2008 and I was the last systems
programmer in the house.  They also let one other person go, he was a mainframe
scheduler.  I have some Novell/Console 1/Imanager experience and can find my
way around Linux but not an expert.

  Running z/OS 1.4 – CICS TS 2.3  Installed and ran z/VM 4.4.

  Looking for work in the New York/New Jersey Metro area…anyone know of
anything out there or a real good head hunter.  If so please let me know off
line.

  Saw Dice posting, 15 postings for 3 or so jobs.

  Again sorry about this post but I need help.

  Thanks