On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Alan Altmark wrote:

>Do MVS and TSO actually have IVPs?

Yes. The MVS ones for example test assembling, linkediting and running a
program, creating an abend (and therefore testing recovery routines).
There are also IVP's for components of MVS, such as DFSMS.

I appreciate that its always necessary to test what is important to you at
your own site. And also that z/VM is such a stable piece of gear. I guess
I was just trying not to reinvent the wheel, if such a wheel already
existed.

Thanks for all the good ideas in terms of testing, from y'all (or should
that be all yer?).

Regards,
Fred Schmidt
Department of Corporate and Information Services (DCIS)
Data Centre Services (DCS)
Northern Territory Government, Australia