I found and downloaded the latest version of VMFTP from Fran Hensler's

Download Page:

VMFTPUPD VMARC    A1 F         80        679         14 2006-08-30

It did not help.

I still hang for a while, but after that the PUT actually works, I think
got 553 Permission denied because I tried to upload the same file twice,

so ignore that.

Console log:

VMFTP IBMUPLD (ECHO TYPE PARM DBSPACCT EXEC E1 DBSPACCT EXEC
VM TCP/IP FTP Level 520

Connecting to 0, port 21

(At this point I hang for about 100 seconds)

Foreign host did not respond within OPEN timeout

Unable to connect to 0

Foreign host did not respond within OPEN timeout

Command:

Alan Ackerman

Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com