Twice in the last 4 weeks, we've had a problem on a random CHPID (bad
GBIC or something like that), that generated hundreds (thousands) of:
HCPERP602I  DASD  DE3E AN INTERFACE CONTROL CHECK OCCURRED
HCPERP6303I SENSE = INVALID
HCPERP6304I IRB = 04C24017 7F6803B8 00020000 0080E580
HCPERP6305I USERID = HIDRO
HCPERP2216I CHANNEL PATH ID = 38
HCPERP2220I PHYSICAL CHANNEL PATH ID = 0322
HCPERP602I  DASD  DC78 AN INTERFACE CONTROL CHECK OCCURRED
HCPERP6303I SENSE = INVALID
HCPERP6304I IRB = 04C24017 33D20BF0 00020000 0080E580
HCPERP6305I USERID = HIDRO
HCPERP2216I CHANNEL PATH ID = 38
HCPERP2220I PHYSICAL CHANNEL PATH ID = 0322

Of course, it seems to like to happen at 3am  (not surprising looking at
who USERID = ) resulting in operations calls to sleepy systems
programmers who have to get up and vary off the chipd.

Question:  Why doesn't VM just take that path offline all by itself when
there are 7 other functional paths to these devices?

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this