Take a look at:

http://shareew.prod.web.sba.com/client_files/callpapers/attach/SHARE_in_Orlando/S9120MW085956.pdf

In particular, slides 43 to 46.  Unfortunately, SHARE's conversion from
PPT to PDF stripped off the "Speaker Notes" pages - which contain a lot of
explanatory information.  I can send you the PPT file if you'd like.

But basically, the "SYSTEM NETID" reflects the node defined in response to
the CMS command "IDENTIFY".

The "SYSTEM CONFIG" file statement 'System_Identifier' matches the CPU
serial number and displays that in response to 'CP QUERY USERID'.

The response to 'CP QUERY USERID' (from SYSTEM CONFIG) can be parsed by
service virtual machines so that they can perform different work based on
the CPUID they are starting on.  For example:

In your "SYSTEM CONFIG", include:

  System_ID dtyp %%nnnn MYHOMEID GATEWAY ATHOME
  /* Change above to your system device type, serial number, and nodename
*/
  /* Use DISASTER only when we're not at home so that           */
  /* extensive D.R. automation can take place on various        */
  /* service machines when running PROFILE EXEC/GCS's.          */
  System_Identifier_Default     DISASTER GATEWAY DISASTER

Add to the TCPIP DTCPARMS:
  :Nick.TCPIP :Type.server :Class.stack
              :Exit.LC$TCPXT

And include on the TCPMAINT 198 DISK:

/* Prolog; See Epilog for additional information ********************
 * Exec Name     - LC$TCPXT EXEC                                    *
 * Unit Support  - OSS/VM                                           *
 * Status        - Version 1, Release 1.0                           *
 ********************************************************************/

   address 'COMMAND'
   parse source xos xct xfn xft xfm xcmd xenvir .
   parse upper arg parms 1 operands '(' options ')' parmrest

   Signal ON Syntax
   Signal ON NoValue
   Signal ON ERROR

   parse value diag(08,'QUERY USERID') with . . ConfigSysId . '15'x .
   /* The above is the SYSTEM CONFIG value */
   ?home=(ConfigSysId='MYHOMEID')    /* <--- Change to your nodename */
   ?recover=(ConfigSysId='RECOVERY') /* We use this for on-site D.R. */

   ?disaster=(ConfigSysId='DISASTER')      /* This for off-site D.R. */

   src=0
   Select
     When ?home1 then
       Do
         Call Trycmd 'CP ATTACH 0140 * 0140' /* Prod OSA's */
         Call Trycmd 'CP ATTACH 0141 * 0141' /* Prod OSA's */
         Call Trycmd 'CP ATTACH 0142 * 0142' /* Prod OSA's */
       End
     When ?recovery then
       Do
         Call Trycmd 'CP ATTACH 6051 * 0140' /* D.R. OSA's */
         Call Trycmd 'CP ATTACH 6052 * 0141' /* D.R. OSA's */
         Call Trycmd 'CP ATTACH 6053 * 0142' /* D.R. OSA's */
       End
     Otherwise
        'CP MSG OP TCPIP Not running at myhomeID or RECOVERY,' ,
                  'ABORTing start-up.'
   End /* Select */

   If rc<>0 then
      Do
        say xfn';' cmd', rc='rc
        Return src cmd
      End
   Else Return rc

/********************************************************************/
/*                   Sub-Routines below this point                  */
/********************************************************************/

Trycmd:
   parse arg cmd
   SIGNAL OFF ERROR
      cmd
      src=rc
      If rc=0 then Return
      If rc=122 then                /* rc=122 is 'Already Attached' */
         Do
           rc=0                     /* Override std rc              */
           Return 0
         End
   SIGNAL ON  ERROR
   cmd /* Issue again to SIGNAL ON ERROR error message */
Return rc

Exit:
   parse arg exitrc .
   If verify(exitrc,'-0123456789')=0 then Exit exitrc
                                     else Exit 999999

Error:
trace i
   etxt.1='+++ "ERROR:" error rtn entered in:' ,
           rexxback('*','OWNER')', rc='rc
   etxt.2='+++ from line:' sigl', which reads:'
   etxt.3='+++'sourceline(sigl)
   cmdline=strip(sourceline(sigl),'B')
   parse var cmdline cmdline '/*' .      /* Strip trailing comments */
   cmdline=value( strip(value('CMDLINE'),'B') )
   etxt.4='+++ which translates to:' cmdline
   etxt.0=4
  'PIPE STEM etxt. | CONS'
Call Exit 20

Syntax:
   etxt.1='+++ "SYNTAX:" error rtn entered in:' ,
           rexxback('*','OWNER')', rc='rc
   etxt.2='+++ from line:' sigl', which reads:'
   etxt.3='+++'sourceline(sigl)
   cmdline=strip(sourceline(sigl),'B')
   cmdline=value('CMDLINE')
   etxt.4='+++ which translates to:' cmdline
   etxt.0=4
  'PIPE STEM etxt. | CONS'
Call Exit 20

NoValue:
   etxt.1='+++ "NoValue:" error rtn entered in:' ,
           rexxback('*','OWNER')', rc='rc
   etxt.2='+++ from line:' sigl', which reads:'
   etxt.3='+++'sourceline(sigl)
   etxt.4='+++ which translates to:' value(strip(sourceline(sigl),'B'))
   etxt.5='+++ Variable with no value is:' condition('Description')
   etxt.0=5
  'PIPE STEM etxt. | CONS'
Call Exit 24

/* Epilog ***********************************************************
 * Function      - TCPIP svm startup exit.                          *
 * Component of  - TCPIP at Some Company                            *
 * Command format- n/a                                              *
 * Called by     - "TCPIP DTCPARMS" file on TCPMAINT 198 disk.      *
 * Program Lang. - CMS REXX                                         *
 * Date Written  - 20010626                                         *
 * Author        - Anon E. Mouse                                    *
 * Changed | By  | Description of Change                            *
 * --------+-----+------------------------------------------------- *
 * yyyymmdd  iii - Added attaching D.R. OSA's at prod addresses     *
 ********************************************************************/

The same code:
   parse value diag(08,'QUERY USERID') with . . ConfigSysId . '15'x .
   /* The above is the SYSTEM CONFIG value */
   ?home=(ConfigSysId='MYHOMEID')    /* <--- Change to your nodename */
   ?recover=(ConfigSysId='RECOVERY') /* We use this for on-site D.R. */

   ?disaster=(ConfigSysId='DISASTER')      /* This for off-site D.R. */
can be used by various service machines (maybe AUTOLOG1?) to decide
what should be done automatically based on where they are being started.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Karl Kingston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
03/10/2008 12:20 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Disaster Recovery question

We are in the process of planning our first disaster recovery of our z/VM
system.

We have access to an LPAR at our DR hotsite.

1) how do I account for differences in OSA addresses,  Hipersocket
addresses, and DASD addresses?    The only DASD ww have that are VM only
us the 530RES, 530SPL and 3 page volumes.    All other devices are for
z/Linux and are dedicated by directory entries.

My take was to bring up z/VM 2nd level on the hotsite's floor system and
run with that.   But they are not recommending it.

What can I do to avoid making config changes because of DR?

Thanks!

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages
sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by
applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies
and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate
with us by e-mail.