On Wednesday, 03/19/2008 at 01:28 EDT, Mark Vitale
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not sure about ETC HOSTS, but I can answer for HOSTS  LOCAL..
> You have to run MAKESITE to update HOSTS ADDRINFO and
> HOSTS SITEINFO, since the clients only read the *INFO  files.

That hasn't been true for quite a while, Mark.  z/VM 5.1 introduced ETC
HOSTS.  It does not require use of MAKESITE; the *INFO files are used only
if no ETC HOSTS is available.  ("Death to *INFO files!  Death, I say!")

Thomas said:
> I  recently had a change to ETC HOSTS but I can't find a way to get
TCP/IP to
> recognize my change.
> Is  there a way, other that recycling TCPIP, to get the stack to
reprocess the
> ETC  HOSTS file?

Recycling of the stack is not required.  Just put the updated ETC HOSTS on
the 592 disk and recycle the *application* server (to get it to re-access
the 592).  The file is read by the resolver, not the stack.