For your Dirmaint question:
you need to"merge" the old and the new CP directory.  I've got execs
to help with this task, as usual(?) documentation is scarce: comments
in the exec.  I'll send them.
- MRGDIR is the main one
  - it splits the new (5.3) directory in seperate files (one for each userid)
  - it checks which minidisks exist in the current CP directory and
changes the address
    to avoid conflicts.
  - Dirmaint commands and RACF commands are prepared: ADD user for new userids
    AMDISKs for exsitng users.
  You are the master and decide what gets executed.
- CHGMDPPF is the next one, it can update the PPFs to replect the
changed minidisk
  addresses in te PPF files.
Use only if you understand the principles.