> I wanted to know if anyone is using DB2/VM version 7.5 on any z/VM
> release prior to 5.2.
>
> The program directory for DB2 7.5 states that it is supported on
> zVM 5.2 or later.  I am upgrading a zVM 4.3 system to 5.3 and was
> wondering if it's safer to upgrade DB2 first (before VM upgrade)
> or later (after VM upgrade).

I would guess that the DB2 program directory is simply listing the
oldest version of z/VM that is currently supported.  I didn't see
anything in the DB2 7.5 announcement that would lead me to believe
it would not work on previous versions of z/VM.

I am still on DB/2 7.4 & z/VM 4.4 though, so I can't say for sure.

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life
(309) 636-0107
.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, notify
the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.