On Monday, 04/07/2008 at 09:14 EDT, Bill Munson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> As far as z/VM 5.2.0 goes I would have to agree.
>
> On March 27, 2008 I ordered UM97520 the ptf for z/VM 5.2.0 (5205RSU) the
> web site said 0702RSU
> since we were at 701 that would bring us up a level.
> I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and the documentation said:
> 5206RSU Stacked Product RSU - March 26, 2008 ;  subset 0801RSU
>
> the web site still says 0702RSU this morning.

Due to the passing of a certain celestial body across the zenith at a
particular hour, and the slump in the US housing market, information about
5206 was inadvertantly released into the wild.  We are working on it, but
it doesn't exist quite yet.

"These aren't the droids you're looking for.  Move along."

Sorry for any confusion on that point; we are turning over rocks and
looking in hollow trees, removing the 5206 references wherever we find
them, the sly rascals they are....

And as to why we do not post an RSU schedule (asked by BR Fox), we can't.
Because the primary goal of an RSU is to avoid destabilizing your system,
the PTFs it includes are selected based on quality metrics:
- It fixes a pervasive problem
- It fixes a problem that, if encountered, would cause much pain and
wailing.
- It fixes a security or system/data integrity problem
- It has not been tagged as "PTF in error" (PE)
- It fixes a PTF that was on an earlier RSU that has since been flagged as
a PE
- It has been ordered correctively a sufficient number of times to pass
the "de-facto pervasiveness" test

Which is to say, it's not a cumulative "kitchen sink" fix tape such as the
old PUTs (Product Update Tapes) were.  Rather, it is a set of PTFs that we
suggest you apply to your system in a timely fashion.  (It beats waiting
until your next talk with the Support Center, you know?)