> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Suleiman Shahin wrote:

>> What do I have to do to bypass DNSs on my network and
>> direct a certain site to a specific IP address?

Mark Pace wrote:

Use the IP address and not a name.
Or put an entry in your local host file with the name
and the IP address you want it to be.

If you need it for just one host, that is probably
a fine way.

If you need it for a whole intranet the usual way is to
have a local (inside) nameserver with intranet addresses
and then have an external nameserver with outside addresses.

The inside server will resolve names (domains) it knows
about and forward ones it doesn't outside.
This is usually called split DNS.

You can do this for just one inside host.

-- glen