Some of the more general things that we schedule....

Disaster recovery backups.
Shared File Backups
SPXTAPE backup of spool
Scheduling SFPURGER to clean the spool files
EREP processing
Clearing the DISKACNT files
Automatic cycling of certain machines
Issue a SPOOL CONSOLE CLOSE to certain machines that never are cycled (to spin
off their console logs)

If you don't have a performance monitor, then to issue (every hour):

CP IND
QSYSOWN
Q N
Q FILEPOOL MINIDISK
Q FILEPOOL CONNECT

Then, as you get comfortable with it, and you have things with your guest
machines, you might use Operations Manager to do scheduling of your guest
machines, if they don't have their own scheduler.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

Law of Cat Acceleration

  A cat will accelerate at a constant rate, until he gets good and
  ready to stop.

>>> "Phillips.Val" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5/5/2008 1:46 PM >>>
Hi, hoping someone on the list can provide us with some guidance.  We're
new to VM and have installed Operations Manager in order to do some
automation.  The thing is, we don't know enough about VM to know what to
automate.  Anyone have recommendations?  Or a list of
typically-automated messages?  Or anthing?

Thanks,

Val Phillips
404-588-8368

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]