On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 19:45:36 -0800, Alan Ackerman wrote:     (Was Re:
Another PIPE how to)
>REXXVARS TOLOAD produces strings like /TABLE.0101/value -- only there is
>no guarantee that
>the delimiter will be a slash. So instead, I always use:
>
>PIPE rexxvars TOLOAD | pick 2.6 == /TABLE./ | ...
>
>Note that the order of the variables will be random, so you might want to
>use:
>
>PIPE rexxvars TOLOAD | pick 2.6 == /TABLE./ | sort | ...

This, and the other proposed solutions to dumping stem variables'
contents, do not sort the values correctly if there are more than 9
values. Eg:...

A.0=12
A.1=a
A.10=j
A.11=k
A.12=l
A.2=b
A.3=c
A.4=d
A.5=e
A.6=f
A.7=g
A.8=h
A.9=i

This is presumably because the stem index value is variable length. I've
mucked around trying to get the sort order correct, without success.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Fred Schmidt
Department of Corporate and Information Services (DCIS)
Data Centre Services (DCS)
Northern Territory Government, Australia