From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Jones
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 3:01 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VM-VSE Interface

Hi, Scott.

If you mean, is there a way for an MVS guest (running under VM) to issue
CP commands and get the response back, then the answer is yes. Check out
the CPHOST package here:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/download/packages/

Wandschneider, Scott wrote:
Is there an equivalent to the VM-VSE Interface for z/OS?  On VSE I
can enter and capture the output to a simple VM command such as "* CP
Q U VMUTIL".  Is there a way to do the same on an MVS system?

Thank you, Scott R Wandschneider Senior Systems Programmer Infocrossing, a WIPRO Company 11707 Miracle Hills Dr. Omaha, NE 68154
 Office 402.963.8905