I have an OS/390 guest running under z/VM 5.2 using 3 dedicated OSA
addresses. The OS/390 guest is IPL'd using the system residence pack.

I would like to have the OS/390 guest use a z/VM VSWITCH.

I have a copyrighted 2004 IBM Corporation document showing four (4)
steps.

Step 1. Define the switch :  CP DEFINE VSWITCH SWITCH1 RDEV devno
CONNECT

Step 2. Authorize a connection:  CP SET VSWITCH SWITCH1 GRANT userid

Step 3. Define a virtual Network Interface Card:  CP DEFINE NIC F00

Step 4. Plug NIC into switch:  CP COUPLE F00 TO SYSTEM SWITCH1

I have done steps 1 and 2 manually.

I have put a NICDEF statement in the USER DIRECT file for the OS/390
guest:

NICDEF 104 TYPE QDIO DEV 3 LAN SYSTEM SWITCH1

Is there anything else I need to do ?

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and