Question about time counters. In the Type 1 Accounting records, the
following values can be found:

33-36
    Milliseconds of processor time used, including
    time for supervisor functions
37-40
    Milliseconds of virtual CPU time used

With an INDICATE USER command, I can get these:

VTIME=mmm:ss
    indicates the total virtual time for the user, in minutes and seconds
.

TTIME=mmm:ss
    indicates the total virtual and simulation time for the user,
    in minutes and seconds.

Two questions.
  1) Are these really coming from the same
     internal control block (and what is that called)?
  2) In what case would my VTIME be greater than my TTIME?

We are seeing accounting records where the virtual time (37-40) is greate
than the processor time + supervisor functions (33-36). My common sense i
telling me that shouldn't happen, but maybe that is 'normal' to happen
sometimes.

And boy wouldn't it be nice if all these things used the same names and
descriptions to avoid confusion!

Thanks,

Tom Stewart
Infrastructure Analyst