Is there any way to dynamically turn specific devices included in a
Devices_Notaccepted statement in the SYSTEM CONFIG file into accepted
and usable devices in z/VM 5.2? I know that I can make them Sensed via
the SET RDEVICE command; however, that looks to be a documented waste of
time.

NOTACCEPTed
        tells CP not to accept the specified device or devices.
        Note: CP ignores any devices you specify on the NOTACCEPTED
operand, even if you have explicitly defined those devices using RDEVICE
statements in the system configuration file or using RDEVICE
macroinstructions in HCPRIO.

Regards,
Richard Schuh