On Thursday, 05/29/2008 at 07:20 EDT, Colin Allinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to FTP send an OS dataset (in this case a copy of the RACF
> database) to an MVS system at the DR site.
>
> I have tried various ways to define the input (Access the OS disk as T
and then
> LCD T) but without success.
>
> Is this possible and, if so, how do I do it?

The FTP client wants filename, filetype, and filemode.  You need to unload
the RACF database to a CMS file and FTP *that* to the MVS site.  From
there it can be FTP'd back to a VM system and then the database reloaded
from the CMS file.

Alternatively, you can use DDR2CMS to create a DDR image of the disk and
send that instead.  Do not copy a minidisk containing a live RACF database
unless you are using a RACF/VM utility (RACUTxxx) that specifically calls
out the ability to run it against a live database.  Some of the utilities
do not serialize changes to the database.