I did that to test my SFS backup/restore procedures. I made M and X be equal to the userids of the virtual machines they ran in so that I was sure of which filepool I was working with. First time was from first level to second level, but because it worked so well, but slowly, I moved X to first level and everything still works just fine.

/Tom Kern

Schuh, Richard wrote:
Is it possible to create filepool X: on our first level system by
FILEPOOL UNLOAD of one storage group of our main filepool (say one named
M:), copy the definition of the X: machine to the 2nd level system and
change the filepool name from X: to M:? This M: nee X: filepool would be
isolated on a set of disks and would never be brought up 1st level again
following the UNLOAD. I can guarantee that because I will delete the
userid from the first level system following the unload. Regards, Richard Schuh