From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Les Geer (607-429-3580)
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:28 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: RMSMASTR FSMKIN1100E Error from communication function 24,
return

>Has anyone run into the following running a DFSMSRM command from a
>second
>
>level z/vm? and what corrected it?
>FSMKIN1100E Error from communication function 24, return code = 15
>
>Situation:
>First level z/VM 5.2.0 runs VM:Tape and RMSMASTR connected to a VTS.
>2nd level z/VM 5.2.0 just RMSMASTR connected to same VTS.
>No problems with first level. 2nd level (VMTEST) in cms mode can run
>commands okay. RMSMASTR appears to initialize (attach then detach tape
>drive without errors) in 2nd level. Is there some sort of virtual ctc
>needed between the 1st and 2nd level?

This is an IUCV error, the 15 indicates an authorization failure.
Do you have IUCV ALLOW in the RMSMASTR directory on the second level
system?   RMSMASTR second level and first level are not aware of each
other nor do they communicate with each other.

In addition, the RMSMASTR directory should probably have:
IUCV *IDENT RESANY BLOBAL REVOKE

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development

"Email Firewall" made the following annotations.

Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the corporate e-mail
system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient.  This e-mail may contain proprietary information and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately.