Yes I recently worked with a customer regarding this same issue.  What it

comes down to the Perfkit WEB Interface is not designed for this and we

are a basic user interface.
My response in the PMR was:
-We do not provide the support for applications to change user passwords

and there ar eno plans to add this support.
-To change a password that does not have an associated z/VM user ID you

must get a SYSADMIN to change it for you (or the shop must have set up

some self-help automation to handle it).
-However, it looks like in R530 you can do what you are after!!!..check

this out:
  Starting in  z/VM 530 we have abillity to set a NOEXPIRED password:

    RAC ALTUSER PERF2 PASSWORD(xxxxxx) NOEXPIRED

    thus when you initially set your password it will not be expired.

    and then he can also set

    RAC password  user( PERF2 )  nointerval

    so the password will not expire in the future.
We are however looking into the Perfkit and "return code handling" from

our calls to DMSPASS...so we could possibly change some messages and such

in the future, but I do not see us "handling" password changes/etc for th
aformentioned reasons.
I hope this helps clarify the concern.
Best Regards, Roger Lunsford Perfkit/CP Level2