Wouldn't it be great some day for all the VM sysprogs to meet in one place

and the same time?
The world would change!

Now that is a PARTY I would pay good money to attend.

Bill Munson
VM System Programmer
201-418-7588

President MVMUA
http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/

Mike Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/21/2008 03:29 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: VMNFS oppurtunity (I think)

Kris wrote (in part):

>on 30 June the contract with my customer ends.  So 20 years of my life
come to an end:

Well that is definitely unhappy news.  Best wishes in quickly finding a
new contract, and getting back aboard the z/VM express.

> So, at that time I will no longer have z/VM systems to play with.  On
the IBM systems I do only have an ordinary class G user...

At least you don't have to go "cold turkey", having no access at all. What

a depressing thought.

Wouldn't it be great some day for all the VM sysprogs to meet in one place

and the same time?
The world would change!

Don't forget your "support group" here on the IBMVM listserv!

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Kris Buelens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
06/21/2008 02:47 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: VMNFS oppurtunity (I think)

BFSLIST uses PIPE and OPENVM commands...   And I do think the bug is in
BFSLIST:
- $BFSLIST XEDIT is the main candidate, look for
     address '' 'PIPE (NAME GETDIR END ? ESC ")

About fixing it: on 30 June the contract with my customer ends.  So 20
years of my life come to an end: I started there when they where
creating a Client/Server VM ( CSP, PLI, APPC, DB2) application with
OS/2 and VM in the middle.  It is now moved to z/OS.
So, at that time I will no longer have z/VM systems to play with.  On
the IBM systems I do only have an ordinary class G user...
My future is still uncertain and if nobody asks for VM services, I'm
sure IBM Belgium will make me do other work; bye bye 30 years VM
carreer then :-(   As Belgium is small, I consider taking projects
elsewhere too.

I doubt I'll find time next week: the cleanup process is taking my
time (no we will not simply scratch all the VM stuff, I'll save it
-shrinked and upleveled to 5.3).  A copy for the customer and one for
me.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are
deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

*************************** IMPORTANT
NOTE***************************** The opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have
been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally
binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to
provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.