From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Post
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 11:56 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VSWITCH

>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:36 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Martin,
Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> I am running z/VM 5.3 and trying to set up a VSWITCH between this and
my
> z/Linux guests. I am confused on just what needs to be defined in my
> TCP/IP profile and in the DTCPARMS

None.  You don't connect a TCP/IP stack to the VSWITCH to make things
work.

> and just what definitions I need in
> the DIRECTORY for the user.

Basically, just a NICDEF statement, and a COUPLE command since you're on
z/VM 5.3.  Take a look at this:
http://www.zjournal.com/index.cfm?section=article&aid=315

It talks about exactly what you need to do from both z/VM and Linux.

Mark Post